Creating an Automatic Schedule Policy for a Synthetic Full Backup
You can automatically run a synthetic full backup by adding an automatic schedule to a schedule policy.
For more control over running synthetic full backups, see Synthetic Full Backup: Configuration.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Policies > Schedule Policies.
- From the Schedule Policies pane on the right, right-click the schedule_policy and click Edit.
- Click Add.
- In the schedule_policy_type Options dialog box, do the following:
- On the Backup Options tab, click Synthetic Full.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, type a name in the Schedule Name box and click Automatic.
- On the Synthetic Full sub-tab, in the Number of Days Between Synthetic Full Backups box, enter the number of days that should pass between automatic synthetic full backups.
Note: The Synthetic Full Backup tab is available after Synthetic Full is selected from the Backup Options tab.
- Click OK to close the schedule_policy_type Options dialog box.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
If you want to view the jobs that are associated with this schedule policy, see Viewing Jobs Associated with a Schedule Policy.