Creating a Schedule Policy for Continuous Backups
Create a schedule policy to run a backup job continuously with a defined time interval between the backup job sessions. The next backup job session of a continuous backup schedule policy starts automatically after the previous backup job completes.
You can also configure a continuous backup schedule when you run a backup on a subclient. For information on how to configure a schedule, see Creating a Continuous Backup Schedule.
Use the following steps to create an automatic schedule to run every 72 hours:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Policies > Schedule Policies.
- From the Schedule Policies pane on the right, right-click the schedule_policy and click New Schedule Policy.
The New Schedule Policy dialog box is displayed.
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the schedule policy.
- In the Type list, select Data Protection.
- Click Add.
- In the Backup Task Options dialog box, select Continuous.
- In the Interval Between Two Jobs box, enter the time interval (in minutes) to start the next backup job session after the previous job session completes. The default time interval is 30 minutes.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
If you want to view the jobs that are associated with this schedule policy, see Viewing Jobs Associated with a Schedule Policy.