An automatic schedule uses the data protection resources more efficiently by running backup jobs every n number of hours or when specific criteria are met. For a list of available criteria, see Automatic.
Automatic schedules can be set for the following agents:
- Microsoft SQL Server - see Getting Started with the SQL Server Agent for more information
- Oracle - see Getting Started with the Oracle Agent for more information.
- Oracle RAC - see Overview - Oracle RAC for more information
- SAP for Oracle - see Getting Started with the SAP Oracle Agent for more information.
- Notes Database - see Overview - IBM Notes for more information.