Creating an Automatic Schedule for a Laptop Client
Create an automatic schedule to automatically run a backup when specific criteria are met, for example, run a backup only when a laptop is connected to a specific network. Automatic schedules are available for clients that have the Laptop Backup package installed.
You can also configure a schedule policy for automatic laptop backups. For information on how to configure a schedule policy, see Creating a Schedule Policy for an Automatic Backup for a Laptop Client.
Use the following steps to create an automatic schedule to run every 72 hours:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to laptop_client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type, for example, Incremental.
- In the Job Initiation section, select Schedule, and then click the Configure button.
The Schedule Details dialog box appears.
- Select Automatic.
- In the Schedule Name box, type a name for the schedule.
- Click OK.
The backup job will execute once every 72 hours.
To configure different criteria for Laptop client automatic schedules, see Backup Schedules for Laptop Backup.