Creating a Continuous Backup Schedule
To ensure continuous protection of your data, you can schedule backup jobs to run continuously without user intervention. The next backup job session of a continuous backup schedule starts automatically after the previous backup job completes. You can also define the time interval between two backup job sessions. By default, the next job session starts 30 minutes after the previous job session completes.
Continuous backup schedules are extremely useful in protecting large volumes of critical data, such as BIG data that can undergo frequent changes.
About This Task
The continuous backup schedules trigger the next backup job session irrespective of whether the previous job session completes successfully or failed. However, if you suspend the running backup job, the schedule waits for the job to resume and complete before starting the next job session.
You can also configure a schedule policy for continuous backups. For information on how to configure a schedule policy, see Creating a Schedule Policy for Continuous Backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent > instance.
- Right-click the subclient configured for the archive log backup and then click Backup.
- On the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box, select Schedule and then click Configure.
The Schedule Details dialog box is displayed.
- In the Schedule Name box, enter a unique name for the schedule.
- Select Continuous.
- In the Interval Between Two Jobs box, enter the time interval (in minutes) to start the next backup job session after the previous job session completes. The default time interval is 30 minutes.
- Click OK to close the Schedule Details dialog box.