Configuring Array Controllers for a Storage Array
You can configure additional MediaAgents as array controllers in order to perform operations on storage arrays.
About This Task
The MediaAgent on the source client performs operations such as pruning or reconciliation. If you want other MediaAgents in your environment to perform operations on arrays, you can configure those MediaAgents as array controllers. When you configure MediaAgents as array controllers, you can do the following:
- Configure certain operations to be performed by specific MediaAgents.
- Bypass the source MediaAgent on the array client in order to load balance operations across multiple MediaAgents.
- Use array controllers to provide failover MediaAgents that perform operations on the array when the source MediaAgent is offline.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
- Select the array and click Edit.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Array Controllers tab, select the MediaAgents to use as array controllers for the storage array.
- To add an array controller, under Available Array Controllers, select one or more MediaAgents from the list, and then click Add.
- To add all of the MediaAgents as array controllers, click Add All.
- To change the precedence of the array controllers, select a MediaAgent under Selected Array Controller and click the up and down arrows.
Note: MediaAgents that are higher in the list perform operations on the storage array first.
- Under Array Controller Roles, select the operations that you want to allow each array controller to perform.
- To allow only the configured array controllers to prune snapshots on the storage array, select For snap pruning operation, use only controllers which are selected for pruning.
Note: If you select this option, the source MediaAgent is not used to prune snapshots on the storage array.
For more information, see Array Controller Properties.
- Click OK to save the information.