Configuring Inline Backup Copy for SnapProtect Backup
Backup copy operations performed during the SnapProtect backup job are known as inline backup copy.
You can run inline backup copy operations for primary snapshot copies, but not for secondary snapshot copies. If a previously selected snapshot has not been copied to media, the current SnapProtect job will complete without creating the backup copy and you need to create an offline backup copy for the current backup.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the Backup Copy option is enabled on the storage policy. For more information, see Configuring a Backup Copy for SnapProtect Backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent > instance or backup_set.
- Right-click the appropriate subclient and then click Backup.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select the following:
- In the Select Backup Type area, select Full.
- In the Job initiation area, select Immediate.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Data tab of the Advanced Backup Options dialog box, select the Create Backup Copy immediately check box, and choose one of the following options:
- To skip the snaps existed before the inline backup copy operation, select Start Backup Copy job based on Storage Policy Rules.
- To move snapshots to media for current backup job, even if snapshots related to previous backup jobs are not moved to media, select Start Backup Copy job with the current job.
Note: When this option is selected, all snap backups that completed before the current snap backup job are not included in the backup copy operation. However, you can manually select those snap backup jobs for backup copy operation.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Note: You can track the progress of the job, by going to the CommCell Console ribbon, clicking the Home tab, and then clicking Job Controller. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller displays Completed.