Configuring Archiving Message Rules and Retention for Snap Mining Exchange Data
If you use OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic), configure the Message Rules and Retention settings.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Mailbox > BackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient that is used for the snap mining job, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Message Rules tab and configure the archiving rules.
- Select the Enable these message rules check box.
- Select Create stubs.
- On the Message Rule subtab, type 0 into the Collect messages after n days box.
- Type 0 into the Collect messages larger than n KB box.
- Click the Retention tab.
- Click the Source Pruning subtab and configure the pruning options.
Note: If the options are selected based on the received time, the messages and the stubs are deleted from the primary storage after the specified number of days.
- Select the Prune Stubs check box.
- Select the Prune Messages check box.
A message appears that warns you that messages that were not backed up might be deleted.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.