Copy Properties - Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind Alert
Enable Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind Alert
Click to configure the thresholds for the auxiliary copy fallen behind alert; which will be triggered when the following criteria are met for this storage policy. The checkbox is selected by default.
- To be copied data is over n TB
The checkbox is selected by default, and the threshold is set to 25TB by default. You can configure the threshold based on your requirement. When this check box is selected, you will receive an alert when the data to be copied for this storage policy copy exceeds the specified threshold.
The data to be copied is calculated based on the application data size.
- Jobs that are over n days old and have not yet been fully copied
When this check box is selected, you receive an alert if the number of days that the jobs have not been copied exceeds the specified number of days.
- More than n Hour(s) required to copy all data
When this check box is selected, you receive an alert if the system predicts that the Auxiliary Copy operation will exceed the number of hours specified.
If a criteria is met, than an alert is received and immediate attention should be given to any abnormal condition. Immediate action will prevent the Auxiliary Copy falling behind the source copy, in terms of amount of data to be copied. The alert will indicate the criteria that was met to trigger the alert, with one alert reason for each criteria above, respectively:
- to be copied data exceeded
- old jobs not copied
- need more time to copy data
- The Auxiliary Copy fallen behind alert notification type and message information must be configured from the Alert Wizard. If the Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind alert is not enabled on the storage policy copy and there are auxiliary jobs that are 90 days old and have not yet been fully copied, then, an event is generated to notify the condition.
- A warning icon appears for the storage policy and the storage policy copy when the data to be copied exceeds the default system threshold of 25TB or a different threshold value configured in the To be copied data is over n TB.