Combining Streams Using Data Multiplexing
When you select the Combine source data streams option for a secondary copy, you can also enable multiplexing for the secondary copy. When you enable data multiplexing, multiple data streams are copied simultaneously to the same media. This optimizes performance of the copy operation in a disk environment.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, click the Media tab, and the specify the appropriate settings.
- Select Combine source data streams to check box and then specify the number of streams.
- Select Multiplexing source streams check box and then enter the Multiplexing Factor.
Enable this option when the storage policy copy is configured with combine streams and the copy does not contain deduplicated data.
- Click OK.