Creating a Monitoring Policy for System Monitoring
You can create a monitoring policy to monitor user activity or resource activity in your environment.
Before You Begin
- Collect the details required to create the policy. For more information, see Planning for Your System Monitoring Policy.
- To view the data you collect on the System Monitoring dashboard, you must set up the Web Console and configure the Analytics engine before creating the monitoring policy. For more information, see Setting Up the System Monitoring Dashboard.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click New Monitoring Policy.
The New Monitoring Policy wizard is displayed.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
Important: If you use the Activity Monitoring template, monitor specific file system paths, not an entire disk.
- On the Summary page, choose whether to save the configuration as a script for future use:
- To create the policy immediately, click Finish.
- To save the policy, click Save as Script.
For instructions on saving your policy as a script, see Save as Script Overview.
To create the policy using the script, run the script from the command line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line.