Exporting and Importing a Monitoring Policy
You can export and import monitoring policies. When a monitoring policy is exported, an XML file is created.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies and click Monitoring Policies.
- Right-click the monitoring_policy and click Export to create a monitoring policy XML file.
- In the Export Monitoring Policy dialog box, in the Folder box, enter a location for the XML file.
- Optional: In the File name box, change the name that will be used for the XML file.
- Click Export.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click Import Monitoring Policy.
- Choose the monitoring policy XML file and click Open.
The Import Monitoring Policy dialog box appears.
- Optional: In the Policy Name box, change the name that will be used for the monitoring policy.
- In the Analytics Engine box, select the analytics engine to use to index the data that is defined in the monitoring policy.
Note: The analytics engine is configured during the setup of the System Monitoring application. For information about the application, see Setting Up the System Monitoring.
- If the monitoring policy template associated with the imported monitoring policy does not exist in the CommCell environment, you can import the template or use an existing template:
- To import the template, select the Import Template check box.
- To use an existing template, clear the Import Template check box, and from the Use an existing Template list, select a template.
- Under Select Associations, select the client computers and client groups that you want to associate with the monitoring policy.
For information on monitoring policy associations, see Import Monitoring Policy.
- Click Import.