CommVault Token Desktop
CommVault Token generates the unique six-digit PIN that is required when Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
For information on the Two-Factor Authentication feature, see Two-Factor Authentication - Overview.
For information on enabling the Two-Factor Authentication feature, see Two-Factor Authentication (Administrator) - Enabling Authentication.
The machine running the authenticator.jar application must have Java 8 Update 65 (JRE 1.8.0_65) or later versions.
The authenticator.jar file is a stand-alone application.
- Go to software_installation_path\GUI and locate the authenticator.jar file.
- Copy the authenticator.jar file and place it on a machine users can access.
You must have a secret key. For information on obtaining a secret key, see Two-Factor Authentication - Obtaining a Secret Key.
Once the secret key is acquired, enter your CommCell account and the secret key into the application.
You can have more than one CommCell account registered with the application. Each account needs its own secret key.
Once an account is registered, the account information is encoded and stored in the commvault.token file located in the user directory, for example, C:\Users\jsmith. If you delete the commvault.token file, all of the accounts in the desktop CommVault Token application are removed.
- Open the CommVault Token application by double-clicking the authenticator.jar file.
- Click Add Account and enter the following details:
- Enter your CommCell user name in the User Name box.
- Enter the CommCell URL address in the CommServe URL box. For example:
- Enter the secret key provided in the e-mail in the Secret Key box.
- Click Add Account.
Once you have registered an account, you are redirected to the home screen where you can see:
- The PIN and your CommCell account.
- The time remaining before the PIN expires. PINs are valid for 30 seconds.