Getting Started with User Account and Password Management
You can change the user name and password for CommCell components and agents.
Note: All user accounts that match the user name you enter are updated with the new credentials.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under User, click User Account Management.
- In the User Account Management dialog box, enter the Current Credentials for the user account in the User name and Password boxes.
- Optional: If you want to update the current user name, in the New Credential section, select Change User name and enter a New User name.
- In the Password box in the New Credential section, enter the new password for the user account.
- In the Confirm Password box, re-enter the password.
- In the Notes box, specify the reason for the user account change.
- Click Preview to verify the accounts that will be updated.
- After verifying the accounts that will change (see preview sample below), click OK to close the window.
- From the User Account Management dialog box, click OK to perform the update.
- Optional: After clicking OK, verify the updated user accounts by running the Audit Trail report. Use the steps below to generate the report:
- On the CommCell Console toolbar, click the Reports button.
- From the Report pane, under CommServe, select GUI Audit Trail.
- Click Run.
The following is a report sample showing the account change details.