Adding a Domain Controller for Active Directory
You can add an Active Directory (AD) domain so that users can log on to the CommCell environment with their Active Directory credentials. An AD user can log on with either a user ID and password or an email address and password.
Note: Review these important considerations before adding domain controllers:
- The CommServe must have LDAP, DNS, and Kerberos connectivity to each domain that you want to register for the domain users to log on.
- When using trusted domains, register both domains with the CommServe so that users from the trusted domains can log on.
- No two domain controllers can have the same domain name. Do not register duplicate domain controllers with the CommServe.
Before You Begin
- You must have the Add, delete and modify a domain permission at the CommCell level.
- Obtain the domain name and fully qualified domain name of the Active Directory server.
- Ensure that LDAP is configured on the Active Directory (AD) server.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security.
- Right-click Domains and click Add new domain > Active Directory.
The Add New Domain Controller dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the details for the Active Directory domain controller.
For information on each option, see the online help for Add New Domain Controller.
- Click OK.