Creating a User Group for an Organization
You can create user groups for your organization. Add users to user groups so that properties selected for the user group apply to all of the users in the group. For example, the security associations you configure for a user group apply to all of the users in the group. If a user belongs to multiple user groups, the security associations from each group are applied to the user.
Before You BeginYou must have the Add, delete, and modify a user group permission at the CommCell level. For information on permissions, see Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Security > Domains > organization, right-click User Groups and select Add New Group.
The Add new External Group dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, enter the details for the user group:
- In the Name field, type the user group name.
- In the Description field, type a description for the group.
- Optional: Set additional user group properties.
For information on user group properties, see User Group Properties.
- To control the access of the user group, on the Associated Entities tab, create a security association.
For information on creating security associations, see Administering the Security Associations of a User Group.
- On the Members tab, add users to the user group.
Note: The users available in Available Member list are users created for the organization. If there are no users in the Available Members list, see Creating a User for an Organization.
- Click OK.