Add MediaAgent to An Existing Global Deduplication Storage Policy Workflow
The Add MediaAgent to Global Dedup Storage Policy workflow is a pre-defined workflow which allows you to add a UNIX MediaAgent library to an existing global deduplication storage policy setup with all UNIX MediaAgents.
This workflow requires a onetime configuration. The other MediaAgents configured in the Global deduplication storage policy setup will have the read only rights on the new library that will be configured on the UNIX MediaAgent.
Ensure The following:
- You have the latest Service Pack installed on the CommServe and the MediaAgent.
- You have configured a UNIX MediaAgent whose path will be configured and added as a library.
- The Global Deduplication Storage Policy is configured.
- The E-Mail server is configured from the Control Panel to send alerts, log files, and reports as e-mail messages from the CommCell Console. For more information, see E-Mail Server Configuration.
- Open your web browser and type the Web Console URL provided by the administrator in the address bar.
The URL should be in the following format: http://<HostName>:<Port>/webconsole, for example: http://client.mydomain.com/webconsole.
- If port 80 is used, then you do not need to specify it in the URL.
- By default, the Web Console URL uses HTTP. You can also use HTTPS if you want to use secure access. To set up secure access, see Configure SSL on the Tomcat Server.
- Type your login credentials and click Login to access the Web Console.
- On the Home page click Forms.
- Click the AddMediaAgentToGlobalDedupStoragePolicy form.
A short description explains the functionality of the workflow.
- Click OK.
- In the form, enter information about the MediaAgent and the Global Deduplication Storage Policy:
- From the MediaAgent name list, select the new MediaAgent that needs to be added to the existing Global Deduplication Storage Policy.
- In the Directory path present on the MediaAgent box, type the mount path that will be added as the new library path.
- The Library name box displays a predefined name for the new library that will be created on the assigned mount path. The library name can be modified to any other appropriate name.
- From the Global Dedupl Storage Policy name list, select the appropriate Global Deduplication Storage Policy to which the library will be added.
- In the Email address box, type the email address where reports will be delivered.
- Click OK to execute the workflow.