Predefined Workflow - CommCell Client Migration by Storage Policy
The CommCell Client Migration by Storage Policy is a predefined workflow that allows you to migrate the clients based on the storage policies they are associated with. When you perform client migration based on specific storage policies, the clients associated with the selected storage policies and any other storage policies associated with these clients are migrated.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Download the workflow CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy from the Software Store by following the instructions in Download Workflows from Software Store.
- Right-click CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy, and click All Tasks > Deploy to deploy the workflow
- Right-click CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy again, and click All Tasks > Execute to run the workflow.
- In the CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy Options dialog box, select the storage policies that need to be considered for client migration and specify the location to which the metadata should be exported.
- You can configure an alert for the workflow execution. Refer to Workflow Operations - Set Up Alerts for a Workflow.
- In the CCM-ClientByStoragePolicy Options dialog box, click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller. If an alert is configured, the recipient receives an email notification on the workflow result..
After the metadata is successfully exported to the location specified, refer to Import Metadata on the Destination CommCell for instructions to import the metadata to another CommCell.