Running the Installing Automatically Discovered Applications Workflow
When you enable the application-aware installations, the software detects third-party applications that are installed on the client in the past 24 hours.
After the software detects the third-party applications, run the predefined workflow to install the SnapProtect software packages for each application. For example, if the SnapProtect software detects the Oracle application, the workflow installs the Oracle Agent on the client.
You can schedule the workflow, or manually execute the workflow from the CommCell Console.
The predefined workflow automates the following operations:
- Installing the SnapProtect package for the third-party application if it does not exist on the client.
- Configuring the client on the CommServe computer.
- Registering the client with the CommServe computer with the Product Status as 'Auto Detect'.
The following table shows the packages that the workflow installs:
|Active Directory||Active Directory|
|Microsoft Exchange Database||Exchange Database|
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click InstallAutoDiscoveredApps and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The InstallAutoDiscoveredApps dialog box appears.
- Decide which clients to install the software on:
- To install the detected software on all clients in a client group, from the ClientGroup list, select the client group.
- To install the detected software on a specific client, from the ClientGroup list, select the client.
- On the Job Initiation tab, specify whether to run the workflow now or if it will be scheduled.
Best Practice: Select Schedule.
For information on configuring a workflow backup schedule, see Schedule Workflows.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller. For instructions on using the Job Controller, see Getting Started with the Job Controller.