Social Sign In Account Registration Workflow
Social Sign In Account Registration is a predefined workflow for creating a CommCell user for use with Social Sign In. For information on the required setup for Social Sign In, see External Authentication for the Web Console Using Social Sign In.
Download this workflow from the Software Store. See Download Workflows from Software Store.
The end user (requester) initiates the workflow from the Web Console by requesting to log on to the Web Console by using a social media account.
The predefined workflow automates these operations:
- Checks the user email address entered into the workflow to determine whether a user account exists with that email address.
If a user account exists, an email is sent to the user informing the user that the email address is already registered to use social sign in. After the email is sent, the workflow stops.
- If a user account does not exist, the following happens:
- An email is sent to the user so that the user knows the registration request was received and is waiting for approval.
- An email is sent to the master user group so that a member of the group can approve or deny the user.
The person approving the user selects the user group to be used when the user account is created.
- A member of the master user group must manually approve or deny the registration request in Workflows > Interactions:
- If the registration is approved, creates the user account, sends an approval email to the admin user, and sends an email to the end user that includes instructions on logging on to the Web Console.
- If the registration is denied, sends the user a rejection email.
The emails associated with the Social Sign In Account Registration workflow are preconfigured in the activities, but the activities can be modified. For example, you can change the email subject or message. The following activities contain emails:
- Send Error Mail
- Send Request Confirmation
- Get Administrator Approval
- Send Rejection Mail
- Auto Email to Admin
- Final email to Social Sign In User
For instructions on updating activities, see Configuring Workflow Activities.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click Social Sign In Account Registration and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- From the Run workflow on list, select the workflow engine and enter values for the following variables:
- In the User Email box, type the email address for the new OAuth user.
- In the Full Name box, type the full name of the new OAuth user.
- In the provider box, type the social media provider, for example, type Google.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller. For instructions on using the Job Controller, see Getting Started with the Job Controller.