DBMaintenance is a predefined workflow used to perform CommServe database maintenance by using the DBMaintenance utility. For information on the DBMaintenance utility, see Performing CommServe Database Maintenance Using the DBMaintenance Utility.
This workflow is scheduled to perform the recommended maintenance every other Sunday as part of a system-created schedule: System Created DBMaintenance schedule. This workflow also can be manually executed from the CommCell Console.
This predefined workflow automates these operations:
- Runs the DBMaintenance utility with the input chosen by the user.
- Sends a "success" or "failure" email to the users in the email activities.
The emails associated with this workflow are preconfigured in the email activities, but the activities can be modified. For example, the email subject or message can be changed.
For instructions on updating activities, see Configuring Workflow Activities.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click DBMaintenance and then click All Tasks > Execute.
- From the Run workflow on list, select the workflow engine and enter a value for the type input.
For information on the type options, see Performing CommServe Database Maintenance Using the DBMaintenance Utility.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.