Command Line Interface - Backup - DB2 iDataAgent
In addition to the parameter values provided in the template xml file, if you want to include additional options for the restore, you can do so by selecting the required options from the CommCell Console and generate the command line xml script for the restore operation.
For more information on how to generate the script, see Save as Script Overview.
Before You Begin
- By default, you can simultaneously run multiple database backup jobs on a client. If needed, you can also limit the number of database data and log backup jobs that can run simultaneously on a client. See Throttling Backup Jobs for details.
- From Command prompt, navigate to <Software_Installation_Directory>/Base and run the following command:
qlogin -cs <commserve name> -u <user name>
- Navigate to the location where the .xml file is saved and execute the saved .xml script using the qoperation execute command.
qoperation execute -af backup.xml -appName 'DB2' -clientName xxxxx -backupsetName xxxxx -subclientName xxxxx -backupLevel FULL
- Verify the status of the job using the following command:
qlist job −j jobID
- Once the job completes, log off from the CommServe using the qlogout command.
qlogout [−cs <commserve_host_name>] [−all] [−tf <tokenfile>] [−tk <token>] [−h]
|Performing a Full Backup||
qoperation execute -af backup.xml -appName 'DB2' -clientName client1 -backupsetName backupset1 -subclientName subclient1 -backupLevel FULL
|Performing an Incremental Backup||
qoperation execute -af backup.xml -appName 'DB2' -clientName client1 -backupsetName backupset1 -subclientName subclient1 -backupLevel INCREMENTAL