Enabling Automatic DB2 Database Discovery
Use the Enable Automatic Database Discovery option to automatically discover databases.
DB2 databases are automatically discovered under the following conditions:
- Discovery is initiated every 168 hours.
- When the Communications Service (GxCVD) is restarted (for example after a computer reboot).
Enabling automatic database discovery ensures that newly added DB2 databases are regularly included in backups.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > DB2.
- Right-click instance, and then click Properties.
The Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the Enable Database Discovery check box.
- Click OK.