Creating a Subclient for a DB2 Offline Subclient
When you perform a backup for an offline subclient, the database is shut down.
Configure the DB2 subclient to perform a full backup of the DB2 database when it is offline. Full backups include all data files and tablespaces for the database. Offline backups do not include the archived log files.
You can perform offline backups when the database is either offline or online.
You can configure the subclient to use the DB2 Advanced Copy Services (ACS) interface. When you use the DB2 ACS interface for an SnapProtect backup, the SnapProtect software registers the SnapProtect backup with the DB2 application catalog.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > Instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the following options:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Offline Database option.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the SnapProtect Operations tab, do the following:
- Select the SnapProtect check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the snapshot engine that you want to use.
- To use the DB2 ACS interface, select the Use DB2 ACS Interface check box.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
Run scripts before or after the backup operation.
On the Pre/Post Process tab, do the following:
- In the PreBackup Process box, type the full path for the script.
- In the PostBackup Process box, type the full path for the script.
- To run the post-process backup script whether the job succeeds or fails, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
Use compression to optimize backup storage.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the Use Db2 compression check box.
When you select this option, the SnapProtect software applies the DB2 compression feature to all the backups for this subclient.
Fore more information about DB2 compression, go to the DB2 Knowledge Center, compression and storage.
Use the DB2 DEDUP_DEVICE parameter.
When you select this option, the SnapProtect software uses the DB2 deduplication parameter, DEDUP_DEVICE. This feature is available on DB2 version 9.7 with FixPack 3 and higher.
For additional information on the DEDUP_DEVICE parameter, go to the DB2 Knowledge Center, DEDUP_DEVICE.
On the Advanced Options tab, select the Use Dedupe Device check box.
Configure the number of streams that the software uses for the backup
On the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab, and then in the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of streams that the software uses for the backup.
- Click OK.