Manually Adding DB2 Instances to the CommCell Console
If you need to manage a database before the manual discovery operation completes, you can manually add a DB2 instance. For more information about the manual discovery operation, see Manually Discovering DB2 Instances.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click DB2, point to All Tasks, and then click New Instance.
The Creating New Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, type the following information:
- In the Instance Name box, type the instance name.
- In the HOME box, type the full path to the DB2 Home directory.
- On the Storage Device tab, enter storage policy information:
- On the Data Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Default Storage Policy list, select the storage policy for data backups.
- On the Log Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy for Log Backups list, select the storage policy for log backups.
- Optional: On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy for Command line Backup list, select the storage policy to use for SnapProtect command line backup operations.
- Click OK.