Redirecting All Tablespaces to a New Directory
You can redirect all the DB2 tablespaces to a new directory.
The following rules apply to the Target Database Path:
- For both Windows and UNIX configurations, the Target Database Path must reside on a LUN device.
- The Target DB Path, Redirect Path, and the Storage Path parameter values must match each other exactly.
- The software overwrites any existing destination databases that are in the Target Database Path with the source database SQLDBDIR information.
- For Windows configurations, the Target Database Path must start with a drive letter followed by the folder name (for example, 'E:\folder_name').
Note: If you want to restore to a new host and use the DB2 Advanced Copy Services (ACS) feature, the destination instance name and the destination database name must match the source instance name and the database name. The destination database must be in the same location as the source database.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- On the Time Range tab, select Latest Backup, and then click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default browse and restore options. See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data to restore in the right pane, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the following options:
- Select the Out-of-place Snap Db Restore check box.
- Select the Restore Data check box.
- Select the Entire Database option.
- From the Destination Computer list, select the destination client name.
- To change the target instance, from the Destination Instance list, select the destination instance.
- To change the target database name, in the Target Database Name box, type the new name.
- To change the target database location, in the Target Database Path box, type the new path.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Redirect tab, select the following options:
- Select the Redirect All Table Spaces/Database to check box.
- From the Table Space box, select the tables that you want to redirect.
The associated container name is displayed in the Container Name box.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.