Modifying the Destination Storage Paths
You can change the destination storage paths of an automatic storage database. The existing storage paths as defined within the backup image are not used anymore. All the automatic storage databases are automatically redirected to the newly defined paths.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
- On the Browse and Restore dialog box, select Latest Backup, and then click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default browse and restore options. See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data to restore in the right pane, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the following options:
- Select the Out-of-place Snap Db Restore check box.
- Select the Restore Data check box.
- Select the Entire Database option.
- From the Destination Computer list, select the destination client name.
- To change the target instance, from the Destination Instance list, select the destination instance.
- To change the target database name and location, in the Target Database Path box, type the new path.
For Windows clients, the Target Database Path is the drive letter (for example: E:\).
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Storage Path tab, select the following options:
- Select the Storage Paths check box.
- Select the existing paths in the box, and then click Delete.
- Click Browse to expand the target database paths, or click Add Paths to manually enter them.
- If you have an automatic database, on the General tab, in the Target Database Path box, type the path that you entered on the Storage Path tab of the Advanced Restore Options dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
The automatic storage databases are automatically redirected to the paths that you specified.