Discovering Instances Using the SnapProtect Command Line Interface
Use XML to discover DB2 database instances. Run the operation from the command line, or automate configuration by combining command line operations in a script.
The XML parameters can be included in the XML file, or specified on the command line when they frequently change. See Command Line - Syntax.
On the DB2 Agent host:
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the DiscoverInstance_Template.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command is executed.
- Open the DiscoverInstance_Template.xml file, add your specific parameters and save the file.
For information on supported subclient XML parameters, see Available XML Parameters for DB2 Instance Configuration.
- On the command line, go to the Software_Installation_Directory/Base, and type the command.
qoperation execute -af DiscoverInstance_Template.xml -clientName '<client_name>'
- Once the job completes, run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.