Recovering Messages from an Exchange Database Block-Level Backup
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or later
You can recover individual messages after you perform a block-level backup of an Exchange database. This applies to both DAG and stand-alone environments.
Before You Begin
- Enable block-level backup.
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- If necessary, change the location of the cache for the restored extents.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Exchange Database, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- In the left pane of the Client Browse window, select a database, and then click Recover Messages.
The Select Media Agent for Recovering Messages dialog box appears.
- From the Use MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that is used to perform the recovery operation.
- Click OK.
- In the Browse window, select the messages that you want to recover, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears.
- In the To PST File box, enter the path where you want to recover the selected messages.
Make sure to include the name of the PST file and the .pst extension.
- Click OK.