Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database
Applies to: Exchange 2007 or later, and SnapProtect
You can recover messages from an offline copy of an Exchange mailbox database.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- The Exchange database must be restored out of place to a MediaAgent.
- If the location where the Exchange database is restored is a network share, then the Active Directory computer account for the MediaAgent must have write access to that location.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Exchange Database, and then click All Tasks > Recover Databases From Offline DB.
The Recover Databases From Offline DB dialog box appears.
- From the Use MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent where the recovery operation is performed.
- In the Exchange Database location box, enter the full path to the .edb file.
Make sure to include the name of the file and the .edb extension.
- Click OK.
- In the Browse window, select the messages that you want to recover, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears.
- In the To PST File box, enter the path where you want to recover the selected messages.
Make sure to include the name of the PST file and the .pst extension.
- Click OK.