Prerequisites for the Exchange Mailbox Agent
Before you install the Exchange Mailbox Agent, make sure that your environment meets the prerequisites and that you perform the tasks that apply to the version of Exchange Server that you use.
Prerequisites for the User and Journal Mailboxes
- Microsoft Outlook requirements
- Assigning full access to service accounts
The service account must have full access rights to all mailboxes on the server.
- Exchange Server requirements
- Considerations for Exchange 2016
Note: When you specify an Exchange version in the SnapProtect software, use Exchange 2013.
- Disabling MAPI Over HTTP
Prerequisites for the ContentStore Mailbox
- The service account must be a member of the Local Administrator Group on the proxy servers.
If the agent is installed on an off-host proxy computer, then the service account must be in the Local Administrator Group on the proxy computer.
- The service account must have read/write access to the network share.