Create New Cleanup Policy (Source Pruning)
Applies to: User Mailbox
Use this dialog box to create a new Exchange cleanup policy. Use the Source Pruning tab to define whether stubs and messages are pruned from the mailbox on the Exchange server and when.
Based on the settings that you define on this tab, messages are pruned whether or not they have been archived. To prevent unprotected messages from being pruned from the Exchange server, make sure that you have enabled the message rules on the Messages tab.
- Prune from mailbox on Exchange server
The selected mailbox types are included in the cleanup operation.
- When the check box is selected, stubs are pruned.
- When the check box is selected, messages are pruned.
- Older than n days based on received time
- The items that you selected are pruned the specified number of days after their received time.