Creating Exchange Journal Policies
Applies to: ContentStore Mailbox, and Journal Mailbox
Exchange journal policies determine what happens to journaled messages after they are archived. In addition, you can enable content indexing for journaled messages that are archived.
Note: Some options are available only for the Journal Mailbox, and not for the ContentStore Mailbox.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Policies > Configuration Policies.
- Right-click Exchange Policies, and then click New Journal Policy.
The Create New Journal Policy dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Policy Name box, type name of the policy.
- If you want to delete the journal messages from the SMTP server or Exchange server after the messages are archived, select the Delete Archived messages after successful archive operations check box.
- Journal Mailbox only: On the Filters tab, define which folders and message types will be archived.
- On the Include Folders subtab, select the folders that you want to archive from the Available list, and then move them to the Selected list.
- On the Exclude Folders subtab, select the folders that you do not want to archive, and then move them to the Selected list.
- On the Exclude Message Types subtab, select the message types that you do not want to archive, and then move them to the Selected list.
- Journal Mailbox only: On the Advanced tab, define when the archive job is completed.
- Select the After protecting n messages check box to specify the maximum number of messages that can be included in a job.
- Select the After job runs for n hours check box to specify the maximum number of hours a job can run before completion.
- Select the In case of MAPI network errors check box to prevent the job from failing in case there is a MAPI network error.
Note: If a network error occurs while a mailbox backup job is running, the job will resume at the same folder and the same message in the mailbox that was being processed when the job was interrupted by the network error.
- Optional: On the Content Indexing tab, select the Enable Content Indexing check box.
- Click OK.