Backup Troubleshooting - Exchange Public Folder Agent
Some mailboxes or folders appear in the Items That Failed list when you run the Job History Report. This indicates that the mailboxes or folders are locked by the operating system or by another application and cannot be opened during the data protection operation.
Filter the mailboxes or folders that consistently appear in the Items That Failed list in the Job History Report and exclude those mailboxes or folders from future backup operations to avoid backup failure.
Backup jobs from Exchange Public Folder iDataAgent will be displayed as "Completed w/ one or more errors" in the Job History in the following cases:
- Cannot open a folder
- Cannot get hierarchy of a folder
- Cannot seek beginning row of a folder
- Cannot get list of messages in a folder
- Cannot backup folder content.
If a profile logon fails during the backup and archiving process, the Client Access Server (CAS) name changes. This occurs regardless of whether it is the default CAS name, or the CAS name defined in the sCASServerName additional setting (Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010) or in the sHTTPProxyServer registry key (Exchange 2013 for Public Folder agents, and Exchange 2013 or later for Mailbox agents).
Enable the nDontDeleteExchangeAutoDiscoverKeys additional setting to keep the CAS name intact.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Additional Settings tab.
- Click Add.
The Add Additional Settings dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type nDontDeleteExchangeAutoDiscoverKeys.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK.