Advanced Restore Options (General) - Online Help
Use this dialog box to access additional restore options.
- Automatically Detect Regular Expressions
- This option allows you to use wildcard characters to specify the patterns for files and folders to be included in the restore. When selected, the system will recognize supported regular expressions (wildcards) in the specified Source Path. When cleared, the system will read the specified Source Path as literal.
- This option is selected by default for direct restore operations. For Browse and Restore operations, the option cannot be enabled as you are selecting definitive paths to restore.
- Skip Errors and Continue
- This option allows a restore job to continue regardless of media errors and outputs a file that lists the full path names of the files that failed to get restored.
- Restore device files as regular files
- This option allows you to restore the actual data in the device node file of the raw partition to a regular file system file.
- Use Exact Index
- This option allows you to associate the media with the most recent index available in the CommCell.
- Skip Mount Point Restore
- Specifies whether to filter out mount points that are part of the backup data during the file system restore. When enabled, the file system restore will filter out the mount points from the backed up data. When disabled, mount points will also be restored during the file system restore.
- Recover Apple Resource Fork Data
- Specifies whether to restore encoded Apple resource fork data to your non-Macintosh file system.