Backup Options - Online Help
Use this dialog box to schedule or immediately run a backup/archive job.
Select Database Backup Type
- Specifies the job as a Full backup, which backs up all data for the selected subclient(s).
- Specifies the job as an Incremental backup, which backs up only that portion of the data that is new or has changed since the last backup.
- Specifies the job as a Differential backup, which backs up only that portion of the data that is new or has changed since the last full backup.
- Synthetic Full
- Specifies the job as a Synthetic Full backup, which creates a Full backup from existing backup data for the selected subclient or backup set (if applicable). The Synthetic Full backup consolidates the backup data; it does not actually back up data from the client computer.
- If applicable for your agent, the Verify Synthetic Full option in the Advanced Backup Options dialog box will include never-changing files in the next backup. This option is enabled by default.
- Run Incremental Backup
Specifies the options for running an Incremental backup either immediately before a Synthetic Full backup or immediately after a successfully completed Synthetic Full backup when selected. When cleared, an Incremental backup is not automatically run either immediately before or after the Synthetic Full backup.
- Before Synthetic Full: Specifies the operation will back up any data that is new or changed since the previous backup in order to have it included as part of the Synthetic Full backup.
- After Synthetic Full: Specifies the operation will back up any data that is new or changed since the backup that occurred prior to the Synthetic Full backup.
- Specifies that this job will run immediately.
- Specifies that this job will be scheduled. Click Configure to specify the schedule details.
- The currently configured Alert.
- Add/Modify Alert
- When clicked, opens the Alert Wizard to configure alerts for this operation.
- Delete Alert
- When clicked, deletes any existing alerts that are already configured.
- Click to select advanced backup options.
- Save As Script
- Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command. When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters as per need.