IBM i File System Agent Advanced Backup - Log Output
- Log output destination
- Use this list to select the option of whether the software creates a list that contains the information about the saved objects. You can print the information with the job's spooled output, or direct the information to a database file.
Note: The job log out is only generated for a library file system backup.
- There is no output listing created for the backup.
- The information is printed to the spool files.
- The output is directed the database file that you specify in the Output file name box.
- Output file name
- This is mandatory when you set the Log output destination to *OUTFILE. Use this box to specify the database file where the output of the backup is directed. If the file does not exist, the backup process creates a database file in this directory with the public authority that is the same as the specified library authority. If the file is created, the public authority of the file is the same as the create authority for the library where the file is created. The format of the file is:
- Example: "QGPL/CVLBACKUP"
- Output Member
- This is mandatory when you set the Log output destination to *OUTFILE. Use this box to specify the database file member where the output of the backup is directed. If the file does not exist, backup process creates a database file member in the specified database file.
- Example: "MONST"
- Output Member Option
Use this list to specify how to handle the database member when you set the
Log output destination to
- If the database member exists, the backup process adds records to the end of the existing member.
- If the database member exists, the backup process clears the existing member and then adds records to the end of the existing member.
- The backup process creates a database member with a unique name that is the combination of the Output Member name and the SnapProtect job number.
- For example, if the Output Member name is "MONST" and the backup job number is "6679", the database member name name is "MONST6679".
- Type of output information
Use this list to specify the information that is printed or sent to the output file.
- The list contains an entry for each saved object.
- The list contains information about each command. There is an entry for each library and an entry for each object that was not successfully saved.
- The list contains a library entry for each request for a library to be saved.
- The list contains an entry for each object, database file, and spooled file that was requested to be saved.