Command Line Interface - Backup - NAS iDataAgent
In order to run the backups from command line, you need an input xml file which contains the parameter values for configuring the backup options. This input xml file can be obtained from one of the following ways:
- Download the input xml file template and save it on the computer from where the backup will be performed.
- Generate the input xml file from the CommCell Console and save it on the computer from where the backup will be performed.
Use the following steps to perform the backup:
- Download the backup_template.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command will be executed.
- From Command prompt, navigate to <Software_Installation_Directory>/Base and run the following command:
qlogin -cs <commserve name> -u <user name>
- Execute the saved .xml script using qoperation execute command.
qoperation execute -af backup_template.xml -appName NAS -clientName xxxxx -subclientName xxxxx -policyType DATA_PROTECTION -backupLevel FULL
- Verify the status of the job using the following command:
qlist job –j JOBID
- Once the job completes, logout from the CommServe using the qlogout command.
qlogout [-cs <commserve_host_name>] [-all] [-tf <tokenfile>] [-tk <token>] [-h]
|Performing a Full Backup||
qoperation execute -af backup_template.xml -appName NAS -clientName client1 -subclientName subclient1 -policyType DATA_PROTECTION -backupLevel FULL
|Performing an Incremental Backup||
qoperation execute -af backup_template.xml -appName NAS -clientName client1 -subclientName subclient1 -policyType DATA_PROTECTION -backupLevel INCREMENTAL
In addition to the parameter values provided in the template xml file, if you want to include additional options for the backup, you can do so by selecting the required options from the CommCell Console and generate the command line xml script for the backup.
Follow the steps given below to generate a script which you can use to perform a backup from the command line interface:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to <Client> | NAS | defaultBackupSet.
- Right click the <Subclient> and click Backup.
- Select the required backup options which you want to execute using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
- Enter the location to save the script along with the file name and extension. For example, "C:\scripts\myscript.bat" on Windows and "/usr/scripts/myscript.sh" on Unix. Alternatively, you can also click Browse and navigate to the location.
The script will be saved as a .xml file and .bat/.sh file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat/.sh files will be overwritten.
- Enter the username and password for the user account which you want to use to perform the backup.
By default, the user account which you have used to login to CommCell console is used for performing the backup. However, if the user account does not have access to any application or database, click Use a different account.
- Click OK.