Oracle Backup Administrator Guide
The Oracle Backup Administrator Guide is for backup administrators responsible for:
- Installing and upgrading the Oracle Agent.
- Configuring Oracle databases in the CommCell.
- Determining the storage device for backups as well as how long data is stored.
- Determining the data to be backed up and configuring the subclients in the CommCell for the data.
- Backing up and restoring the data. This guide focuses on procedures performed using the CommCell Console, but also includes RMAN for procedures.
- Configuring database administrators which includes a CommCell Console user and user permissions.
A knowledge of Oracle backup and restore operations and the Oracle RMAN Command Line interface is required for this guide.
The Oracle Agent offers the following key features for backup administrators:
- Creates and runs RMAN scripts that can be customized.
- Manages archive logs.
- Seamlessly integrates with RMAN through Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) or Control M, RMAN Command Line and cron for backups and restores.
- Uses existing RMAN scripts for backups and restores without any additional configuration.
The Oracle Agent offers the following features that you can use create database copies that you can use for testing and DR purposes.
The table provides a brief overview of the features.
||Traditional||Oracle Database Application Migration to the Cloud|
||Traditional||Live Sync Replication of Oracle Databases|
|Instant Application Recovery||
|Oracle Instant Application Recovery
||SnapProtect||Creating an Oracle Clone Environment|
|Oracle Image Copy||
|Backing Up Oracle Databases by Using Image Copy to Secondary Storage|