Configuring ACFS Snapshots as Subclient Content
You can configure ACFS Snapshots as your subclient content.
Before You Begin
- Create a pre-process script to delete any existing ACFS snapshot and create a new snapshot.
rem delete the existing snapshot
E:\oracle\grid\bin\acfsutil snap delete windows_acfs_snap
rem create the new snapshot
E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA E:\oracle\grid\bin\acfsutil snap create windows_acfs_snap E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA
date >> $LOG_FILE
acfsutil snap delete $SNAP_NAME $ACFS_PATH >> $LOG_FILE 2>&1
acfsutil snap create $SNAP_NAME $ACFS_PATH >> $LOG_FILE 2>&1
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > client > File System.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, type the name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, add the path to the new snapshot.
- Click Add Paths.
- In the Add Paths dialog box, type the path to the new snapshot.
For a Windows example, the path is "E:\Oracle\ASM_DATA\ORADATA\.ACFS\snaps\windows_acfs_snap".
For a UNIX example, the path is "/oracle/acfs/.ACFS/snap/cv_acfs_snap".
- Click OK.
- Optional: On the Pre/Post-Processing tab, in the PreBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy name to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy and follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
For information on storage policy creation, see Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.