Configuring the Storage Policies for Discovered Oracle Instances
You can configure the data and log storage policies when you manually or automatically discover instances (Agent Properties dialog box, Data Storage Policy list, Log Storage Policy list, General tab). The SnapProtect software assigns these storage policies to all instances and default subclients that you discover.
By default, the command line storage policy is set to the agent data storage policy.
The log storage policy is assigned to the Oracle instance.
The SnapProtect software assigns the data storage policy to the default subclients by looking at the following configured items:
- The storage policy configured for the Oracle Agent (Data Storage Policy list, Log Storage Policy list, General tab)
- The storage policies that are configured for a previously discovered Oracle instance (Instance Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Log Backup tab, Storage Policy used for all archive log backup list)
- The storage policy for the File System Agent default agent for the default backup set (Subclient Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Data Storage Policy tab, Storage Policy list)
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click client, and click Properties. The Client Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, select the default data and log storage policies for all discovered instances.
Policy Option Data Storage Policy Select a policy from the Data Storage Policy list. Log Storage Policy Select a policy from the Log Storage Policy list.
- Click OK.