Creating a Report to View Data from Oracle Tablespaces
You can create reports to view Oracle tablespaces details like max space, used space, free space and creation time for a given Oracle instance and client name. The following is an example that you can use to build your own reports for the Oracle database.
Before You Begin
- Configure your Oracle database as a data source for reports. For instructions, see Configuring External Data Sources.
- Log into the Web Console.
- Click Reports.
If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, the Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- If the Worldwide Dashboard appears, at the top of the page, click Worldwide Reports.
- At the top of the page, click New Report .
The Build New Report page appears.
- Under Configure, in the Report Name box, enter a name for the report.
- In the Description box, enter a description of the information that will appear in the report.
The text that you enter here will appear in the space below the report name on the Reports page.
- From the Select Data Sources list, select the Oracle database where you want to run the report queries.
- In the Query For Table Data box, type your query.
select TABLESPACE_NAME,TABLESPACE_SIZE from DBA_TABLESPACE_USAGE_METRICS;
- Click Verify Query.
A message appears that says that the query verified successfully.
- If you want to add a chart, under Configure, select Chart.
The Chart section appears at the bottom of the page.
- In the Chart Name box, enter a name for the chart.
- Next to Select View, select the type of chart that you want to include in the report.
- Vertical Bar
- Horizontal Bar
This option displays a table of summary information instead of a chart.
- To include a summary table for data that appears in the chart, click Include Chart Summary Table.
- Select Use Existing Table Query.
- Click Refresh Columns.
Under Group-by and Value, column types appear in the Available list . Under Value, Count is automatically selected.
- Under Group-By, in the Available list, select a column type, and then click the right arrow button [>]. You can select only two column types. Selecting two column types allows you to create a stacked bar chart.
- In the Group-By Label box, type a label name for the column type.
- To change the column type, under Value, in the Available list, select a column type, and then click the right arrow button [>].
The column type that you selected replaces Count. You can select only one column type.
- To include aggregate information in the Value, select Aggregates, and then next to the column type, select an aggregate type.
- In the Value Label box, enter a label name for the column type.
- Next to Report Preview, click the Generate Preview button .
A sample of the report appears in the Report Preview section.
Optionally, if you created a chart, you can configure the chart options as follows:
- To display the bars in ascending or descending order, click Chart Toggle.
- To change the color of the bars, click one of the color samples.
- To change the view type, click a view type button.
- Horizontal Bar Chart
- Vertical Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- To sort the contents in the table columns, click the column heading.
- At the top of the Build a New Report page, click Save.
A message appears that asks if you want to continue editing.
- Click No.
The Reports page appears with your report added to the list.