Configuring Oracle Subclients for Table Level Restores
You can create a subclient for a restore of one or more database tables. You can restore the tables without affecting other database parts.
Before You Begin
- Configure an instance for the Oracle database.
Note: You must configure the instance to use remote authentication ("/@").
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select Online Database option.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- If this subclient is used for a full backup, on the Logs Backup tab, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the Advanced tab click the Options tab, select the Enable Table Browse check box to allow table level restores.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
Run scripts before or after the backup
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
To pass the database instance name to the script, see Passing the Instance Name to Pre and Post Scripts for Databases.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
Uniquely identify the backup
On the Advanced tab, select the Backup Tag check box.
Enter a backup tag in the box.
You can include variables in the tag. See supported Oracle tag variables.
Have the SnapProtect software automatically validate backup jobs performed on this subclient
Backup validation checks for the following conditions:
- There is no physical and logical block corruption in the datafiles
- The database files exist and are in the correct location
RMAN simulates the backup job without the media to determine whether the backup can be successfully performed.
On the Advanced tab, click the Options tab and then select the Validate check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.