Creating a SAP HANA Pseudo-Client
Once you install the SAP HANA Agent, create a pseudo-client and configure an instance to facilitate backups. Each instance references a HANA database.
Note: You must add all of the instance nodes to the pseudo-client so that you have data protection.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the Client Computers, point to New Client > Application, and then click SAP HANA.
- In the Create SAP HANA Client dialog box:
- In the Pseudo-Client Name box, type a name for the pseudo-client. The client name must be unique in the CommCell Console.
- In the Database Name box, type the name of the SAP HANA database (the SID).
- In the Number box, type the SAP HANA instance number.
- In the OS User Name box, enter the admin user name.
- In the DB User Name box, type the user name that you use to access the SAP HANA database or use the hdbuserstore key.
- In the Password box, type the password for the user name that you use to access the SAP HANA database.
- In the hdbuserstore KEY box, enter the hdbuserstore KEY value. For information on the hbduserstore KEY, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- In the hdbsql location directory, enter directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools. This is usually in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/hdb.
- To add an SAP HANA instance to the pseudo-client, on the Details tab, click Add. You must add the instance node.
- On the Storage Device tab:
- From the Command Line Backup tab, select a storage policy from the list.
- To select a log storage policy, on the Log Backup tab, select a policy from the Storage Policy used for all Archive log backups list.
- Click OK.