Advanced Backup or Archive Options (Data)
You can select advanced backup/archive data options for the operation. Note that all the options described in this help may not be available and only the options displayed in the dialog box are applicable to the agent or enabler for which the information is being displayed.
Specifies the system will create a new index with a full or On-Demand data protection operation, and for archive operations. Selecting this option will cause the following to occur for this job only:
- full backup transparent browse capability will be disabled, if it is supported by the agent.
- override the Create new index on full backup option on the Agent Properties (Index) tab
- for an On-Demand Data Protection operation, override the Set index cycle to every nn backup jobs setting in the Subclient Properties (General) tab of the default subclient.
- for Archiver Agents, a new index will be automatically created during the first archiving job run after January 1st provided the associated subclient was created prior to July 1st of the preceding year. If a subclient is created between July 1st and December 31st, the new index will be automatically created during the first archiving job run after January 1st of the year after the next. For example, Subclient A was created on March 1st, 2009. When Subclient A’s first archiving job of 2010 was run on January 15th 2010, a new index was automatically created. Subclient B, however, was created on August 5th, 2009. Therefore, a new index for Subclient B will not be created until the first archiving job run in 2011.
Still, a new index can always be created on-demand for an individual job at any time. This is possible by selecting the Create New Index option in the Advanced Backup Options of a backup or schedule policy dialog box.
Perform Consistency Check
Select this option to perform a consistency check.
- Throttle check for 1 second
Enter the number of I/O operations to complete before a consistency check is performed.
Create Backup Copy Immediately
Select this option to create an inline backup copy to start the movement of the snapshot to media immediately after the completion of the SnapProtect backup job.
Verify Synthetic Full
Specifies to include never-changing files in the next backup when Synthetic Full is selected in the Backup Options dialog box. This is especially useful if you run a conventional full backup only once for a given subclient, and then run incremental (or differential) backups with periodic synthetic full backups after that for an extended period of time.