Configuring Data for Case Manager
Case Manager is a feature within Compliance Search that enables Compliance Officers to collect data based on specific criteria. With Case Manager, data is collected in a case set and can be retained for compliance searches.
Only data that has been backed up and content indexed can be collected with Case Manager. The following steps must be completed to ensure that data can be added to a case.
Only data from the following agents can be collected and searched with Case Manager:
- Windows File System Agent
- Exchange Mailbox Agent
- Exchange Journal Compliance Archvier
Before You Begin
To content index data, a current SnapProtect Search Engine must be deployed in your CommCell group. Case manager does not support the FAST content indexing engine from previous versions. See Installing the Search Engine.
- Enable content indexing on the client computers that will be added as assets to a case. See Enable Content Indexing on a Client.
- Enable content indexing on the storage policy that was associated to the Search Engine during the Search Engine deployment procedure. See Enable Content Indexing on the Storage Policy.
If multiple Search Engines are deployed in your CommCell group, ensure content indexing is enabled on all of the storage policies that might be associated to a case.
- Configure the retention settings on the storage policy so that data will be preserved for the duration of the case. See Data Aging - Getting Started.
- Associate the Case Manager user group (see Configuring User Groups for Case Manager) to the storage policies that will be used for Case Manager. See Associating Users to a Storage Policy.
- Schedule backups for the client computers that will be added as assets to a case. See Scheduling a Backup.
- Schedule content indexing for the storage policies that will be associated to a case. See Scheduling Content Indexing Jobs.
What to Do Next
When creating a case, compliance officers have the option to copying data from the source to a reference copy client. Compliance officers must also associate the reference copy client to a storage policy before the case can be created. Ensure compliance officers are aware of which storage policies can be assigned to each case.