Creating a Review Set in Compliance Search
In Compliance Search, you can create review sets to identify items that are relevant to a case and keep them in a container for further processing.
Identifying Duplicate Items in a Review Set
When user mailbox data is used for Compliance Search, duplicate messages might appear in search results because one message can be sent to multiple mailboxes. By default, when items from search results are added in bulk to a review set, information in the content indexing data for those items is used to identify possible duplicate items in review sets. When creating a review set, select Classic to use this default method to identify duplicates in the review set.
If you want more control over how you identify duplicates in a review set, you can create a Custom review set to select the metadata fields that you want to use to identify duplicate items in a review set. When you select one or more fields in a custom review set, only the items that have the same information in all of the selected fields will be considered duplicates in the review set.
Items that are considered duplicates are displayed in the review set by default. However, you can use the Duplicates option in the review set toolbar to show, hide, or view only duplicate items in the review set. For more information, see Viewing Duplicate Items in a Review Set.
Before You Begin
- The following characters / \ : * ? " < > | @ ; & ^ () % # + are not allowed in the name of a review set.
- You cannot change the Review Set Type option after a review set has been created.
- In Compliance Search, perform a search and add items to a review set. For more information, see Adding Items to a Review Set.
- In Add to Review Set, click the Review Set list and select Create New.
The New Review Set box appears.
- In Review Set Name, enter the name of the new review set.
- To add a description to the new review set, enter a description in the Description box.
- For Review Set Type, select one of the options as follows:
- Classic - When selected, the software will use information in the content indexing data to identify duplicate items in the review set.
- Custom - When selected, you can choose which fields to use for either email or file data to identify duplicate items in the review set.
- If you select Custom, additional options appear:
- Select Email or Files to identify duplicates of either data type.
- Select one or more attributes of the items that you want to use to identify duplicate items in the review set.
For example, if you select Email and From, Subject, and Received Time attributes, then all of the email items in the review set that have the same data in the from, subject, and received time fields will be considered duplicates. If you hide duplicates in the review set view, only the first duplicated item that was added to the review set will be displayed by default.
- Click OK.
- Proceed with adding the items to the new review set.