Backup - SharePoint Server iDataAgent - Farm
Follow the steps given below to perform the first backup:
- From the CommCell Console navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | SharePoint Server, and then click Databases.
In the right-pane, right-click the <Newly Created Subclient> and click Backup.
- Ensure under Select Backup Type, Full is selected.
Under Job Initiation, Immediate is selected.
- In the Job Controller tab, track the process of your backup job.
Wait until the job has completed before you perform the next steps.
- In the Databases tab, right-click <Newly Created Subclient>, and then click Backup History.
- In the Backup History Filter dialog box, click OK.
- In the Backup History tab, right-click the backup job to view the following job details:
- Items that failed during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
What Gets Backed Up
- Farm Components
- Content Databases
- Web Applications
What Does Not Get Backed Up
Web Front End data like SharePoint hive, IIS settings and SharePoint registry entries.