Configuration - SharePoint Server iDataAgent - Documents
The default subclient will backup all document folders, therefore it is recommended to configure a user-defined subclient and assign a document library to run your first backup.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to <Client> | SharePoint Server | Document.
Right-click Document | All Tasks and click New Subclient.
- In the General tab, enter the <Subclient Name>.
- Click the Content tab.
Click the Browse button.
Click to select a <Library>.
Click Add and then click Close.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
Select the Storage Policy from the drop down list.
If you do not have a Storage Policy created, follow the steps given below to create a Storage Policy.
- Perform the following steps to create a storage policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Policies.
- Right-click the Storage Policies and then click New Storage Policy.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the Storage Policy Wizard. The required options are mentioned below:
- Select the Storage Policy type as Data Protection and Archiving and click Next.
- Enter the name in the Storage Policy Name box and click Next.
- From the Library list, click the name of a disk library to which the primary copy should be associated and then click Next.
Ensure that you select a library attached to a MediaAgent operating in the current release.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of a MediaAgent that will be used to create the primary copy and then click Next.
- For the device streams and the retention criteria information, click Next to accept default values.
- Select Yes to enable deduplication for the primary copy.
- From the MediaAgent list, click the name of the MediaAgent that will be used to host the Deduplication Database (DDB).
In the Location box, type the name of the folder in which the DDB must be located or click the Browse button to select the folder and then click Next.
- Review the details and click Finish to create the Storage Policy.
Return to Step 4 to associate the Storage Policy to the subclient.