Pruning Data from Archive during Synthetic Full Backup
You can specify the retention period for each subclient. When you run the synthetic full backup at the end of specified retention period, the deleted files will be dropped from the synthetic full backup job.
By default, when you delete the externalized SharePoint data, the files that satisfy the archiving rules are deleted from the BLOB location, but they are retained in the backup cycle indefinitely.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand SharePoint Server > database_backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, on the Retention tab, choose whether you want to prune data from the backup cycle:
- To drop the deleted data from the backup cycle at the end of the specified retention period, select and specify the number of days.
- To retain the deleted data forever in the backup cycle, select Never.